SOS Allotments appeal

ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,626

Please have a read of this and then sign the petition to support the allotmenteers - https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-cemetery-road-allotments-huddersfield?bucket=email-blast-27_11_2017_temblast_27nov_4mlrad

Thanks in advance on their behalf.

The Vendée, France

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 5,201

signed. 

Ku Klux Klan serve hot soul food and the band plays in the mood

• scrogginscroggin Posts: 2,071

Signed. Sadly I think that it's going to happen a lot more as the pressure for building land increases.

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,407

Signed.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,626

Thanks all.  Lots of allotments under pressure cos they're an easy target, especially for unimaginative councils and planners.   

Given it's Huddersfield there must be all sorts of  "dark satanic mills" that could be converted to houses and apartments.

The Vendée, France
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,623

Signed.

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 10,595

SIGNED.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,170

I think several dark satanic mills have already been converted - much of the time to expensive luxury accommodation.

Don't advocate the tarting up of them all - that way the North West will lose it's distinctive look.

Certainly agree about the need to keep established Alottments going - in fact, the country could do with more of them.

Signed

I don't think they need to be tarted up to provide accommodation.  Some of them are beautiful - just need internal insulation, leccy, plumbing etc.

The Vendée, France

It seems these allotments are in peril because of plans to install an all weather football pitch which could just as easily be placed nearby.   What a waste!!

The Vendée, France