Chemotherapy

Hello Mike,  good you are getting well looked after and all the best treatment. Rest is a great healer so listen to your body when it dozes off and let it. image best wishes Mike

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 52,238

Mike ... as Wonky says ... listen to your body and rest when it tells you to ... sleep is a great healer.  Hopefully you'll soon be back to normal. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,239
    WonkyWomble says:

Hello Mike,  good you are getting well looked after and all the best treatment. Rest is a great healer so listen to your body when it dozes off and let it. image best wishes Mike

See original post

Ditto :-)

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 5,488

There will be plenty of time for studying when your body is healed Mike.  Taking time out now is the only way forward for you right now and it won't be long until you are up and ready to go again. Best Wishes.

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 1,483

Hello Mike, i agree with the others. Rest if you feel tired. Hope you're better soon.image

• Tin potTin pot Posts: 706
    Mike Allen says:

Thank you all so much for your kind comments.  I have to say a very big, "YES" regarding the treatment I am getting.  So sad that much of  peoples comments about the medical service is often somewhat negative.  Briefly.  I am under the QE2 Hospital in Woolwich.  Sadly it has in recent times had much bad publicity.  Even my consultant urologist actually took the trust to court over lack of patient care.  In respect of my present predicament.  Just three yrears ago, I consulted with my GP.  We get on together, not close friends but we often talk science.  Within a few days, I had an appointment to have tests done.  Cystostcopy and ultra scan. The cancer was found.  Less time than it takes me to type, I was addmitted to the Princess Royal hosp. Farnborough.  Prior to my arrival, stories are, that the hospital had been found wanting, ( as so many establishments are today being found)  socks were pulled up and yes.   My few days there were happy and gained top marks from me.   Day of leaving I had my daughter Amanda bring in a couple of large trays of Thorntons.  Angelina, the ward sister was so grateful, I actually got a big hug and kiss from her.  She surprised me by saying that.  Very seldom do patients stop and say thank you.  Then three years on, the cancer cells reappeared.  No time was wasted.  This time the surgery took place at the QE.  When I cam round the doctor standing beside me ask if I was in pain.  Please excuse the french.  YES I said , lots.  He asked  1-10  I replied 12.  For a while he gave me morphine.  My conclusion is.  Different surgeons act differently, but with the same purpose in mind.  From my seat.  Never mind the pain.  Has it worked.  I was put on a ten year program.  Now this time.  Once again fast track.  No.  Forget inhibitions that much depends on your age.  Hey Mike is due for a birthday 28/12.  This old so & so will become a 78 yr old.   Hey Dove.  You said about getting back to normal.  Hey Lass no worries.  Truthfully I can laugh at myself.  NORMAL.  explain please.  Many thanks again and enjoy your gardens and, go easy on the fruitage of the vine a t xmas.  Much love to you all.  Mike.xx

See original post

The NHS service has always been great for the truly important things - I think it’s the “inbetween” conditions that are less important and more common, so gets the bad gossip going.

My first child was born in the QE Woolwich, and my second and third in the Princess Royal - we got everything we needed, and are very happy. We’ve also experienced great service from GOSH, St Thomas’ (saved my arm), Guys, Lewisham and others.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 52,238
    Mike Allen says:

Hey Dove.  You said about getting back to normal.  Hey Lass no worries.  Truthfully I can laugh at myself.  NORMAL.  explain please.  Many thanks again and enjoy your gardens and, go easy on the fruitage of the vine a t xmas.  Much love to you all.  Mike.xx

See original post

Far be it from me to say what is normal for you Mike ... as long as you're content with it ... whatever it is image

Hope you have a lovely birthday and Many Happy Returns when the time comes. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,791

having undergone radiation treatment for my cancer during the summer, I have bad news, the tiredness lasts a fair while after treatment stops, i'm still suffering the need for mid afternoon naps nearly 5 months later.

you're lucky to escape the same day, my radiation treatment left me dangerously radioactive for 3 days so I had to stay in an isolation ward on my own.

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 5,488

I have had a mid afternoon nap for years, it is part of my life which I could happily easily give up, although I do feel refreshed and ready to face the evening after my little sleep.

I have multiple chemical sensitivities and it gives me all sorts of health problems from insomnia, irritable bowel, unable to go out to socialize and multiple food intolerances to name just a few of my health issues.

I am nearly always tired too. I have had this since I was 32, but life goes on, and I make the best of what I have and can do each day.  I just love my garden and I am still able to do a little bit of work in it, giving me great pleasure.