The Snail Lover's Society

• pbffpbff Posts: 432

Philippa - glad you liked my post about the Strawberry Snail. 

Buttercupdays - I missed the program last night but just quickly watched the snail part on catch-up. What do SLS members and banded snails have in common? - they are all here because of quantum mechanics! Quantum theory is a bit mind-boggling and I certainly don't understand all of it, but then I guess the same was probably said of all other science beforehand.

I hope your bed hadn't got a flask of poison and a radioactive source in it as well as your cat, Buttercup! 

Iain R - glad you've been enjoying the thread. Philippa's right though - you have to be careful what you say against snails. They are everywhere. It's only a matter of time before quantum mechanics enables our garden snails to develop advanced weaponry, like the Japanese and Russian snails, only against us! image image

Johnny - thank you for posting the photos of your lovely Apple Snails. They are beautiful!

• pbff - No, but she would likely have run out of oxygen if I hadnt spotted her and she was trapped underneath!

Buttercup - our three cats are little monsters for going in places they shouldn't. The old saying of 'curiosity killed the cat' is certainly true! One of our cats is a tabby and we've always affectionately nick-named him 'The Banded Snail' ( because of his coat pattern and because he moves so slowly unless there's food on offer!)

He's rather like a snail when it comes to chewing off bits of my plants too...

A fruit-themed snail picture for the weekend...

Catch up with you all in the week.

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,955

Thanks for the warnings but the nice lady that sold me a (very expensive) copper trowel told me they had no defence against copper. Should I demand a refund? 

Oh well when it comes time I shall go back to relying on my first strategy. I am banking on the fact  that the Giant kings of the Snails, Slugs, & Mice the armies of the aphids &wasps will all be so busy fighting to get at me first that I can just slip past them all. image 

Must go Matron is calling me for my medication image

AB Still learning

Ha, ha Iain! image

Can anyone come up with any final ideas for collective nouns for snails, before we go to vote on the subject?

Last edited: 20 December 2017 16:14:32

• I'm going for  SLITHER  first.......... SQUEEZE second and CLUSTER third image

Nice photo pbff image

Iain - image

A very Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year to all Snail Lover's Society members.

Hope you all have a lovely time.

Don't forget the pet slugs and snails this Christmas!imageimage

• Glitch on forum - can't post properly but check out Donald Trump - Doonbeg - Carrowmore Dunes - narrow mouth Whorl Snail.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,122

PERHAPS IT COULD BE A SLITHER IN SUMMER AND A SQUEEZE IN WINTER.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.