The Snail Lover's Society

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,409

We are all profoundly relieved.

• Thanks for posting that info pbff - it makes very interesting reading for us SLS members.  Excellent pics tooimageimage

I'm fairly sure that no members will be interested in eating snails but just in case , you need to keep them secure and feed them for quite a while to ensure you can clean their systems before you attempt to eat them - with or without garlic butterimage  Can't recall exactly for how long - just remember my old French neighbour explaining it to me years ago.

Sorry pbff - it was your mention of the Strawberry snail which brought that bit of useless info to mindimage

Re the collective noun.........I think I'm going to vote for PF's .....a Squeeze.  It is particularly appropriate at this time of year anyway - all clustered together on any surface out of the worst of the weather.

• Did anyone else see  Al Khalili on quantum biology on BBC4 last night?  He featured the quantum snail that had evolved with a banded shell as camouflage that gave it an advantage in hiding from predators and how quantum theory can inform the evolutionary process.

The bits on quantum theory on smell and photosynthesis were even more amazing . Can't really get my head round QT, though. I can hear what they're saying but it doesn't make sense, but that's kind of the point of it.

Got totally lost later,. in Horizon on multiple universes, couldn't see how it was any different from being a figment of someone's imagination. Even apparently, if I understood it right, the snail which didn't eat my seedlings, so didn't get tossed in the general direction of the little pond, in its own alternative universe, or the seedlings (not quite sure about these, though they are living things) that went on to grow into wonderful plants, just as I had imagined they would, in theirs...

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,409

Not sure if this has anything to do with quantum physics, but I've seen a T shirt that says:

Schrödinger's cat is ADLEIAVDE

• One of my cats tried to give me the chance to test that situation, by getting inside the base of my bed as I was moving it one day!

Last edited: 15 December 2017 12:56:03

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,034

I have had great fun reading this thread but I am afraid I don't qualify to join as my trusty trowel has be used too many times in defence of my plants. 

AB Still learning

• I have about a dozen big Apple Snails in my two fish tanks.

imageimageimage

• Nice photos JohnnyCimageimage

We've had Strawberry snails and now Apple snails - any more fruity contenders ?

• Iain - be careful what you say on this thread as I'm beginning to think snails in general are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.  Some can probably even readimageimage

• pbffpbff Posts: 427
    josusa47 says:

We are all profoundly relieved.

See original post

??