I know it's boring but...

DaisydotDaisydot Dartmoor Posts: 21

Hey everyone,

Has anyone got any experience of using Bradshaw's poly flex pond liner with free underlay and lifetime guarantee?

It seems really cheap compared to epdm (preferred option) but, as with all things in life, the preferred option is always more than you can afford ????

And one more thing, will a buddlea be a problem for the liner? I have one close to where the edge of the liner will be and would hate the roots to pierce the liner. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

????

Last edited: 01 December 2017 10:04:57

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,165

I could have written that post!?

I used this liner, brown side up as not so glary as the black.

https://www.bradshawsdirect.co.uk/pondkraft-polyex-pond-liners-with-free-underlay-and-lifetime-guarantee

i also have a  Buddlea the problem’s not with roots but with the leaves falling in, OH is going to have it out this winter. The main thing is to put a long piece of wood right across length and width and use a spirit level or else it looks awful. 

And 2 years later

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,686

I have the same liner as Lyn, and have used it in the past too. As far as I know, that other pond's still there image

My pond here is tiny, and I've used it black side up, but I think it's easier with a small pond as faras the colour's concerned.

Buddleias shouldn't affect it in any way. The roots are quite shallow. image

And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

Just that the leaves drop in the pond.

• DaisydotDaisydot Dartmoor Posts: 21

Hello Fairygirl,

Thanks for the info about the buddlea - should look lovely!

I can only see your reply but am assuming there are more because you mention Lyn and heading says there are 4 posts . Not sure why that is? But this means I still don't know about the liner ?

?

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,611

Hi Daisydot, check that you haven't accidentally "ignored" Lyn.  To see your settings, click your icon at the top (next to Logout) and select "My settings" then "Forum settings" and look at the box "Members I am ignoring".  If you see Lyn in there, click "remove" to the right of her name. image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.

I could have written that post!?

I used this liner, brown side up as not so glary as the black.

https://www.bradshawsdirect.co.uk/pondkraft-polyex-pond-liners-with-free-underlay-and-lifetime-guarantee

i also have a  Buddlea the problem’s not with roots but with the leaves falling in, OH is going to have it out this winter. The main thing is to put a long piece of wood right across length and width and use a spirit level or else it looks awful. 

Just in case it's not as Bob says (although that sounds most likely!) I've copied Lyn's original post above, DDot image

Roots aren't a prob, just leaves in autumn - that goes for any other deciduous planting you might have close by. You can net it, if the pond isn't too big,  or get a longhandled net to reach any debris . 

Last edited: 01 December 2017 17:02:47

Till we begin
    Again

BobTheGardener says:

Hi Daisydot, check that you haven't accidentally "ignored" Lyn.  To see your settings, click your icon at the top (next to Logout) and select "My settings" then "Forum settings" and look at the box "Members I am ignoring".  If you see Lyn in there, click "remove" to the right of her name. image

See original post

Thanks Bob, lots do!? as Hosta says....Bonkers but lovely, Bless him.??

Thanks Fairygirl, I wondered what had happened there for a moment,   You forgot the photos?

OOh err Lyn....image  image image

Till we begin
    Again

imageimageimageimage

Bit small - it wouldn't work the normal way  image

Oops - opposite - not sure how that happened! They started as little jpegs in my post, but got a bit big when I posted it  image

Last edited: 01 December 2017 17:32:21

Till we begin
    Again