Out with the old

Winters here and short of raking up leaves as they still fall, All is quiet in the garden.

I was out last Week raking up leaves and came to the conclusion that my old spring tine rake was past its best. It rattles like a good un and has signs of rust all over.

Had a browse and came across the Wolf Garten range of multi head tools. I’ve seen them before and always thought they were a good design and generally a good product.

In short, bought an ash handle for sturdiness, a new spring tine head, a soil rake head, a Dutch hoe head, a grubber head and a mini handle. It all arrived yesterday (exciting times) After eagerly opening the boxes I played around attaching the various heads and pretending to rake, weed etc on the kitchen floor (obviously hovering and not actually contacting the floor)

First impressions are good, cant wait to get stuck in now! 

Made my purchase from World of Wolf Garten. Swift delivery and excellent price if you’re in the market for new tools.

Anyone else Wolf Garten tool users? What are your impressions of the tools. Would you say they were of a good quality? The 10 year guarantee did sway my decision somewhat.

I have no connection with the company by the way!!! 

Last edited: 29 November 2017 23:21:38

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,432

They are good tools, if expensive at initial outlay.  The interchangable heads does mean less clutter in the shed.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,805

We love the Wolf system and have 3 long handles  - cos one is permanently stuck with a cultivator head so that leaves one each for OH and me to use for other jobs - a medium length handle and several shorter ones of different designs.  We have Two 6" push-me-pull-you hoe heads for between veg rows and clearing bigger patches of weeds and a 4" one for closer plants in the borders.  Several other hoe and cultivator heads, long rake head, normal rake head, spring-tined rake, fertiliser distributor trough, pruning saw and then a lawn edger and a selection of trowels of various widths and some loppers.

Favourites are the double edged push-me pull-you hoe heads which make short work of weeding.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Would it be wise to invest in a draw hoe?

I have quite heavy soil which can become difficult to hoe with the traditional Dutch hoe at times. I do get compacted soil which will crack on the top during long dry spells.

Ive always relied on the laborious forking over followed by the hoeing method. Just wondered if a draw hoe may save some effort and my back!