Bronco bull barrow wheelbarrow

Hi all 

Just really a heads up

I needed  a new wheelbarrow to replace a "plastic" wheelbarrow that I have had for over 5 years. The reason for the new wheelbarrow was that I wanted a more sturdier and bigger tray wheelbarrow and decided to purchase a Bronco bull barrow with 110 litre traycapacity from a company called World Store. The limitations with this new barrow are that it can not be used for heavy work eg: building works and professional gardening works. A week ago I had tipped a 50 litre bag of compost in to the new barrow and using a boarder spade started to shovel the compost on to my garden boarders. As my shovel touched the base of the tray the tray cracked. After inspecting the damage I was surprised that the thickness of the broken plastic was no more that a few mm thick. Totally disappointed that this wheelbarrow could not take on a menial garden function of shovelling compost from barrow to boarder without breaking. My own personal opinion is that this wheelbarrow can not be used for any gardening work, so basically don't buy. I have had plastic barrows before and they have been a great tool for general gardening work and have been as tough as anything compared to this bull barrow 

I have contacted the supplier about this damage and I am still awaiting a reply from them after 4 days. The wheelbarrow has a 2 year guarantee so hopefully I will receive a full refund.

As anybody else had any experience with this wheel barrow or company 

with thanks 

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 862

Plastic wheelbarrows are definitely banished from my garden! 

There is no such thing as a maintenance-free plant or landscape.
    The Renegade Gardener (Don Engebretson)

• LynLyn Posts: 8,062

Both me and my OH use plastic barrows, both had them for about 10 years, same ones. He is a stone mason, carries  3’ x 3’ concrete slabs, huge chunks of granite, mixes a load of cement in it, it’s still going strong, bought them from out local hardware shop for about £45.00 each, they weren’t that much 20 years ago. (And of course, fill them to the brim with compost for spreading?)

Wouldnt have anything else, we can pick them up and put them on the back of the truck with no effort, metal ones, I can’t lift let alone get up to the height of the butt.

They  have a blow up tyre on the wheel, without googling, I don’t really know what a Bronco Bull is like.  Probably just a fancy name for marketing.   I would go for the refund and look around locally. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

I’ve just googled that barrow, very flimsy, very small,  overpriced,  not a good buy really. It does say it’s only for gardening use.  so won’t cope with much. 

• Worldstore customer services are rubbish. They don’t reply to emails and if you try to get through on the advertised customer service number you will be on hold indefinitely. I had to write to the company Chairman in order to get someone from customer services to contact me. You might find this number useful 03332 340872. It is the DIRECT phone number for customer services. Mind you I have to say that once you actually get through to them they seem willing to help. 

• Thanks Jan 

Surprisingly they contacted me on Tuesday of this week to confirm that they will supply me with a new wheel barrow today. I will wait and see if this happened as the contact was through email and it seems to good to be true. 

I will let you know if it happens 

• Hi All 

Received my new wheelbarrow from World Store on wednesday of his week. They agreed that the original wheelbarrow was not sufficiently built strong enough at the base of the pan and blamed this on a manufacturing proble. Imo, I have the same wheelbarrow that us not designed for over weighted object. However, I wil use mine for normal gardening functions and not for moving lumps of concrete etc  

If you decide to buy another, go for polypropylene rather than plastic, it will last you forever, we’ve had ours for years, and they both take a lot of heavy wear. 

Look in Farmers stores.