Forum home The potting shed

Indulgence - big time!

hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,992

I have given myself an early Christmas present - a pair of Felco No. 2 secateurs! They are a joy to use! Decided I needed a treat after finishing bedding down the back garden for the winter!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,485

LOVELY.

DON'T LET POWER GO TO YOUR HEAD THOUGH OR YOU WILL HAVE A BONSAI GARDEN.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,992

imageimageimage

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,565

Nice to have a treat sometimes.  Do they automatically come back to you if you leave them somewhere in the garden.?

i now have three pairs merrily doing their own thing around the beds. 

I buy 1.99 ones from Asda now, they last for years, so I can buy several pairs in case I lose one. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LoanaLoana Posts: 427

Great hogweed,perfect treat ? I was given a spear and jackson set for birthday, the secateur set lost its open/close button, just fell off, after only a few days use! Had to go back to my old favourites given as a gift 22 years ago and a bit blunt but still working! I emailed a photo of the broken pair to spear and jackson and they kindly sent a new pair, the button had been redesigned, what a surprise ? Happy pruning, there is something about pruning, clearing leaves, weeding which is soooo theraputic for us tidy minded gardeners....i know friends think i'm mad, but they soon change their mind when they see my garden in summer ?