Forum home The potting shed

Did the gardening help you to lose weight?

2»

• GrannybeeGrannybee Sunny South EnglandPosts: 299

I think it does help you to lose weight....my garden is quite big so there is always lots to do. It is too far to back into the house (I'm lazy) for a piece of cake or a biscuit, so no snacks. I could take out a thermos flask and lunchbox....but that is getting silly.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,554

Paul B3 - all that exercise will, if you converted fat to muscle - just mean you take up less space.

Brisk walks and dancing do it for me.  Gardening makes me hungry and, after a good day and a long hot shower, I enjoy a glass of wine while I enjoy the results - vegetables, salads, fruit - so no, not good for weight loss tho it keeps one fitter and more flexible than sitting about.

Last edited: 08 November 2017 09:48:59

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,972
    Joyce21 says:

Fairy, Garcinia will give you the "runs" according to Mr Google so not advisable to take when going on a hill.image

See original post

Oh sh*t image ....err...maybe not the best response.....image

PPauper - you're right - or were they in the mixed doubles....image

Don't you just love these stupid threads that WUMs start?  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LoanaLoana Posts: 427

A full day in the garden for me, mowing, weeding, tidying can usually equate to 12000-14000 steps according to my iphone app, which is about 4 miles, its not a brisk rush around the garden but it must count for something......please tell me it counts for something, i sure know about it the next day, with aches and pains ?

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,554

Yep Loana - good for your brain in more ways than one.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw