Forum home The potting shed

Did the gardening help you to lose weight?

Did the gardening help you to lose weight? My sister is also fond of gardening. So, as soon as she started to do it she lost a lot of weight and just became slimmer. I spend a lot of time in the garden too, but haven’t lost any weight! I already drink Garcinia to reduce my appetite, and I bought Nivele for my thighs. I’m hoping that at least it will help.
What about you? Did you manage to lose weight? 

• If you are fat, any form of exercise be it gardening, walking, etc. combined with a decent diet should enable you to lose weight.

No idea what either Garcinia or Nivele are - do you drink it, lather it on or just look at it ?

What about you ?  Did you manage to lose weight ?

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,143

Thought I'd accidentally clicked on WeightWatchers for a moment there..

I'm now waiting for the advert Philippa......image

No - it makes no difference would be my answer (in case it's a genuine query) but then again, it depends on the kind of 'gardening' you do. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,535

There's been a few people plugging stuff on here this afternoon Fairy image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,485

BY THE TIME I'D HEFTED HALF A TONNE OF OLD ROCKERY STONES UPHILL AND INTO A SKIP I HAD PUT ON ABOUT TEN POUNDS OF PURE MUSCLE.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

I thought I'd be generous Dove, since I haven't been on since yesterday, but I know bulls**t  when I see it ......image

• My kind of gardening , today at least, has consisted of following Tree person around and picking up the bits to shred.  So, that is walking, bending, lifting, walking, twiddling with shredder, pulling hood over head due to rain, pulling tarp over electric shredder, losing the will to will and eventually partaking of a glass of wine. That's a lot of exercise and not a jot of Garcinia or Nivele in sight.

Fairy - you will of course be wanting to take Garcinia and Nivele when you go walking in the hills - the more I type those words, the more they sound like pet dogs, racoons or WHY - I can't imagine how you manage your treks without it/them - very successfully I reckon imageimage

Time for a healthy dinner I think !!

I think I should look into them both Philippa. They sound exactly what I need in the ruckie on a long day. Perhaps I could have the Garcinia heated up now that we're into snow weather, and anything that prevents 'localised chafing' on the thighs sounds good.....

Where do I sign up?  image

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,904

Spent about three-hours extracting dead lilac-roots this afternoon with a large mattock ;I reckon I must have lost some !image

• B3B3 Posts: 15,010

Haven't lost weight but I've lost a trowel.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Fairy, Garcinia will give you the "runs" according to Mr Google so not advisable to take when going on a hill.image

SW Scotland