Forum home The potting shed

Reasons to be cheerful

• Jules41Jules41 Posts: 178
    Me too @herbaceous !  I'm currently enjoying my dozen or so 'free' sunflowers that are growing on (what should be!) the lawn.  They came from the sunflower seeds that I feed the birds. All mixed in with the purple clover and the 'fox and cubs'. It's very tempting to get rid of the mower altogether 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755
    Had had a lovely day with son, picnic at new premises, saw lots of Shaggy Ink Caps, went to his houseboat, walked by the river, met some of his friends anc neighbours and came home and had lovely mushroom omelettes. 
    A smashing day B)  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,940
    Reason to be cheerful. The lake has risen about 6" since yesterday. :D
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,345
    A  treecreeper doc - gorgeous little things.
    A lovely day here - sunny and dry, so I was able to do lots of woodwork outside.. Washing smelled wonderful when I brought it in, and best of all , this little goldie on the feeder  :)

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,485
    I liked this one.😆

S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 73,755
    They obviously had a very good lunch  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,684
    edited September 2018
    Better to fall asleep than to miss it all cos you're on your phone while Venice floats by - as seen on a video on FB with 4 youfs in a gondola.

FG - do we get a pic of hog mansions?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,940
    Hubby has just called Asda to organise malaria tablets and they told him they're now £1.25 each , but are going up to £1.80 on October 1st. Guess where we're going tomorrow?
    How nice of him to tell us about the price rise coming up
    Devon.
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,179
    @Hostafan1 Now I'll have to post on the Curmudgeonly thread! We've just order malaria tablets on line at £1.75 each having been messed around by Asda last trip!
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 10,148
    edited September 2018
    This will make you feel curmudgeonly, I get my anti malarials for free by going to GP.

Love the Goldinches @Fairygirl. We have a few, but they never visit the feeders, which I don't understand.
    Southern trees bear a strange fruit
    Blood on the leaves and blood at the root