Forum home Plants

Where to buy bulbs in bulk

SKPSKP Posts: 1

Hi

On a recent gardeners world Monty mentioned buying crocus, tulip and other bulbs online as whilst you get them in bulk they are much cheaper and you can get different varieties

Now I've had a look on line but I can't find anyone doing bulbs in packs bigger than 20.  Does anyone have any good places where they buy bulbs from?

Thank you

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Gee Tee do bulk I think

and de Jager have a whole sale catalogue

• TopsoiledTopsoiled Posts: 113

Dutch bulbs (j parkers wholesale) good as they are cheap. Had a few things not survive or wrong colour but so cheap as not to care!

You probably need to put 'wholesale' into your search. 

• Plenty of the big names are selling bulbs in large quantities - depends whether you want a 100 of the same or 100 of mixed.

From experience, I'd be wary of GTee bulbs if you are after Snowdrops or Wood Anemones - really not worth it IMO.

I'd be wary of any company selling dried snowdrop bulbs or Wood Anemones 

• GrannybeeGrannybee Sunny South EnglandPosts: 240

Peter Nyssen is good - their catalogue / online site has prices for buying bulbs in 100s. And their delivery is prompt.

• I bought wood anemones from Peter Nyssen and they grew ok and have spread, but they do  tell you which things need planting straight away, like Erythroniums.

• The snowdrops from GTee were "in the green" - the Wood Anemones were rhizomes.  Snowdrop bulbs , dry, are pretty well useless IME.

• Dilly3Dilly3 Posts: 91

A few weeks ago I received over 100 tulip bulbs from Peter Nyssen . The bulbs look to be of excellent  quality and  they have such a large selection of bulbs in all colours  and the prices are very good.

If I had more room I would have bought more . I've never bought bulbs on line before, and the delivery of them was also good. 

Looking forward to seeing my garden in the spring full of beautiful tulips . 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,055

Peter Nyssen for me as well, they are efficient and keep you informed re: delivery.