Overwintering a chrysanthemum ball

In a weak moment I bought a huge chrysanthemum ball from the chucky out bin at the GC.  It is stunning - covered in three different coloured flowers.

Should I just enjioy it as it is for the moment and then cut my losses and compost it, or is there a way to save it and get some flowers next year?

I'm not sure it will go through the door of my new greenhouse,. or if it's worth even trying.

HELP please

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

Hi Gardening Granny, I've had this chrysanthemum five years now in a large pot, once it dies back and the branches have gone brittle, I cut it right back and leave it, and each year it grows back like this .........image

I just top up each year with new compost and feed, if you need to ask anything else don't hesitate image, have you got a photo of yours?

• Many thanks Flumpy - I'll do just that and see what happens.

I've had several goes at attaching a photo but the camera icon does not seem to understand uploading from the computer.  I thought I had succeeded by cut and paste but it seems to have vanished.  I'll have one more go and then I'm afraid that's it.imageimage

Awe wow that is gorgeous ! I love how they've done all different colours, once it has died off, I would put it in a larger pot image, hey you've got the same table as me image

• I have the very pot standing by!  Not bad for a fiver was it?....reduced from £15.  I reckoned that even if it only lasted as long as a bunch of flowers it was worth it.  Fingers crossed that I get something next year - that really would be a bonus.

Awe brilliant I love bargains image enjoy your chrysanthemum and look forward to seeing your pictures next time image