Forum home Plants

A Wonderful Climbing Plant for every garden

This plant is such a wonderful addition to my garden and although it is an annual and will therefore die it gives me so much pleasure it is well worth the effort in planting.

I planted it in April and it has flowered every since and is still alive and well in late October. I have never seen this plant on any of the gardening programs I have watched and that is a lot over the last 50 years.

Plant and enjoy the show. 

All the best, Jeannie

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

It's a perennial, behaves like an annual outdoors in the UK. I've seen huge long-established plants in GHs

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 30,507

I grew it for the first time this year too, but I find it slightly odd rather than attractive. I prefer the buds to the flowers. 

The flowers (and buds) make good cut flowers though  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LoanaLoana Posts: 427

Thanks guys, i've been wondering what that is. Apparently is grown from seeds, will have to source seed from somewhere? ? I think it is really pretty .....

• LoanaLoana Posts: 427

The only seeds i can find at the moment are for purple cobaea, i would prefer white or do theyvall turn purple? I don't think so as the plant i saw was quite large and all white trumpet flowers ?

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 3,741

Loana, I can see that Chiltern Seeds and Sarah Raven are selling the 'Alba' versions.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 30,507

I got mine from Chiltern Seeds image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....