Forum home Plants

What is it?

• Photo Cimage

Another one, there ALOT of these around the gardens, but only this one is flowering.. ? 

one is a 6ft monster, the others are in borders or pots.. any ideas please and thankyou ?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,455

That's the perennial cornflower, Centaurea montana 

https://www.claireaustin-hardyplants.co.uk/products/centaurea-montana

a lovely thing image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes ? Thats it thankyou.. what a beaut! This forum is great! Iv been struggling for weeks haha ??

Photo D 

There are 3 maybe four of these.. the largest is more like an out of control small tree and growing everywhere with a passion.. 

...again i just dont know what there are or how to look after them.. ??‍♀️

Photos E & F

iv just found these Behind the woodshed. image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,455

The shrub looks like a cornus (bit hard to tell but ... )  usually grown for lovely colour of the young stems in the winter.  Cut it hard back to about 12" high (called coppicing)  in the spring and it'll grow new long whippy branches ... when the leaves fall next autumn the new young stems should be a glorious red image

The plant in the red pot is a houseplant ... Crassula  ...  https://www.ourhouseplants.com/plants/jade-plant 

If you want to keep it I'd repot it and  take it indoors.  It'll die outside in the cold and wet.

Not sure about the last one. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,195

Picture C looks like it could be Euphorbia Characias Wufenii. Best to take picture F with the root area or full shot of the pot. 

Last edited: 26 October 2017 17:19:01

• imageimageThanks guys and gals... another photo of plant F. Not sure if it will survive.. 

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,195

Interesting plant there. Still very hard to tell. Looks like a cutting from a Rhododendron or even a type of Hebe. I can't tell from the stems. You could just prune them back to see how it goes. Keep them inside a greenhouse if you have one. It could be a houseplant. Unfortunately with very little leaf it's hard to identify.