Credit where it's due!

I found an email yesterday, from a parcel delivery company, telling me that my parcel from J.Parkers had been successfully delivered the day before and that the customer  (that would be me!) had signed for it.

I clearly needed the email to tell me this, as I had absolutely no recollection of doing any such thingimage

They also claimed two previous delivery attempts, at times when  I had also been in, but gave no reason for the failures.

As their website directed, I contacted the retailer and had a prompt reply from Parkers, saying they had been in touch with H**m*s and they were investigating who had signed for it. The driver was apparently 'unavailable'.

I emailed thanks and this morning had another email saying that Parkers are replacing my bulbs and offering apologies for the inconvenience incurred, though these should  properly have come from He**es who committed the fault. I can only commend Parkers for their quick response, at some cost to themselves.

I can now only hope that the next parcel will be successfully delivered, as I am really looking forward to some new Iris latifolia bulbs to add to my borders, in some lovely colours. The ones I have all came from my M-i-L.and are very eyecatching, giving a great hit of blue at a time of pinks and yellows.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,790

Good service too from Crocus ... my Amaryllis hippeastrum papilio order went in late afternoon on the 9th and they were delivered by Yodel mid morning today the 12th ... very happy with that. image

The email from Yodel says the package was delivered to a safe place ... straight into my hands image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,531

well...... 

I bought some "leaf grabbers" from ebay about a fortnight ago. The contacted me to say my credit card details had changed so I gave them the new card details. 

Email to say parcel " has been dispatched" and due Thursday , today. 

This morning , another email from ebay saying I've still not paid. 

Contacted seller, explained I HAD paid and they'd told me "item dispatched" ( cpoied and pasted their message ) She's emailed to say sorry for the delay, it might be in the post, or lost in the post. 

Emailed back to confirm it has actually been dispatched and that they have had the money. 

Email back. " if you want a replacement, let us know" 

Duh.

I've still got no idea if the payment has gone through or if they're on their way.

Devon.
  • I too have had good service from J Parkers on the one occasion I used them and said as much on the Forum.

We are, as consumers, quick enough to complain vociferously when things go wrong so it's always nice to be able to give a thumbs up to those companies which treat us well.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,916

Totally agree Philippa. I just said that a few days ago on the Forker thread. 

With the t'interweb at our fingertips, it's  a five minute job (usually) to tell a company they've done a good job. Great for the morale of workers, especially in small companies where things can be tough. 

I got some ironmongery from a biggish company last year, and sent an email thanking them for the great service. Got a reply from the office staff saying how delighted they all were, and it had made their day. image

And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,127

Do, please, everyone, keep sending messages of appreciation for good products and service.  I spent most of my working life in public service, and a little appreciation is so supportive for the staff concerned.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236

Many years ago I took a little thank-you card in to the lady in the passport office. She went all teary and said it was the first one she'd ever had in her 20 odd years of working there. Since then I have been generous with my praise when it's due. As FG says we're quick enough to complain...

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,531

When we were shipped back from The Gambia in January I called the travel company to thank them for how well they'd handled the whole thing. 

You can't practice a 100% repatriation and I just wanted to say I felt they'd done absolutely everything in their power to keep us as informed as they could , under the circumstances ,and handled refunds promptly and efficiently, ( keeping us informed of the progress along the way ) 

I think she was quite moved by it too.

Her phone was ringing non stop for days with folk asking about holidays booked, / holidays cancelled etc,none of which were the fault of the holiday company and she told me my call had  " made my week worthwhile"

Devon.
  • It's the same with tips.

My daughter, to keep the wolf from the door, is currently working in a bar/restaurant.

Though not her choice of career, she always tries to do her job to the highest standard possible.Relatively few people tip, and those that do are frequently the nicer, undemanding ones. Those who require the most attention, and a lot of extra effort from the staff, often walk out and leave nothing.

Knowing how demoralising it can be to have your hard work ignored in this way, she makes sure she always tips if she eats out herself and always gives a tip to  Deliveroo drivers too, as their pay is so derisory.

• granmagranma Posts: 1,802

I always buy from Jersey Plant s  Direct for my plug and garden ready plants. .only once (early days ) have I  had need to not   complain   but to queerie the yellowing and limpness of leaves  .  

.The plugs  actually had been caught up in one of the postal strikes. .  I was put through to customer service where I explained half of the plants were ok, and asking  if I removed the yellowing mushy leaves , keep them dry would that give them best chance?

It was suggested the whole box of 120 plugs be replaced to be on the safe side. 

It was  my early days  of buying mail order plugs. 

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Never had any trouble with bought in plants always checked them and sent a brief note "plants arrived in good order thank you" and always got a reply.

After sixteen days in Hospital last year the day nurse had dressed me ready to go home when suddenly Barbara the Consultant, The Matron and Ward Sister were in front of me, I got three big hugs seeing the puzzled look they said "You have never rung the call bell once or called for the attention of a nurse, you say thank you even when we stick needles in you and that is an attitude we wish some of the other patients took" yes I had seen some of that. Those girls were overworked and underpaid for the long hours they put in, a thank you is easy, some patients think they have a personal servant.

I blame the Army, be thankful for what you have today, tomorrow may be worse.

Frank.