chocolate teapots

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 1,698
    Obelixx says:

What's wrong with socks, thicker as it gets colder, or leg warmers or even a rug when you're curled up on the sofa?  

See original post

Nothing wrong with any of those, to keep your feet warm if they're warm already.  But they don't supply heat to cold feet, which microwave slippers do.  Like a hot water bottle.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,157

Kitty said "Strap-on lawn aerator sandals image.  Managed about three steps before getting stuck fast." Same here, also went in the bin.
    imageI bought one of these, a manual garden tiller. Couldn't turn it in my clay with limestone lumps and it did such a small bit at a time. Gave it to a friend. She liked it, but she had light soil.

Dordogne and Norfolk

I bought one of those, in summer, couldn't even get it into the ground, never mind turn it.  Luckily I'd only paid £5 in a charity shop, so I took it straight back. They've probably sold it five times by now.

• B3B3 Posts: 7,957

That sound like the bottle of Dubonnet at a 70s/80s BYOB party.

I reckon there were only about half a dozen in existence and they were brought from party to party - never opened and passed on by those too broke or too mean to buy a bottle of Blue Nun, Black Tower, Mateus Rose or even a Party Seven.

Last edited: 17 October 2017 13:10:25

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,541

Josusa - you wear the socks and leg warmers to stop your feet getting cold in the first place.  Good thermal or ski socks are great and work in power cuts and in the garden..

Busy - you could have "planted" that thing upside down and hung bird feeders or lanterns on it.

Last edited: 17 October 2017 13:59:09

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 12,207
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
  • B3B3 Posts: 7,957

I can't abide tea of any kind. All of them taste like what they are - dead leaves.

I'd eat the teapot any dayimage

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,263

Iain R 

I dont think that is the one i have but I will investigate further tomorrow.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,170
    Kitty 2 says:

Useless crapola, which seemed such a good idea at the time?....

Strap-on lawn aerator sandals image.  Managed about three steps before getting stuck fast. 

Sorry I have no photos of the offending item to show, they were binned not long after purchase image.

See original post

Did you strap them to your Clogs Kitty? <snigger> ...{mental image} 

I do enjoy all these wry metaphors that begin: "As much use ... ".  A Jewish friend of mine says "As much use as a pork pie at a bar mitzvah.".  As well as a chocolate teapot, I've heard a chocolate fireguard.  But I think my favourite is an ashtray on a motorbike.