chocolate teapots

• B3B3 Posts: 9,513

Last edited: 09 October 2017 16:18:53

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,128

We prefer microwaveable slippers.  My husband was asking for some in a shop, and the saleslady recoiled in horror at the idea of putting something you'd had your feet in, into something you use for food.  Never gave it a thought.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,442

What's wrong with socks, thicker as it gets colder, or leg warmers or even a rug when you're curled up on the sofa?  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,064
    B3 says:
    I bet you haven't got any of these

See original post

Unfortunately not.  They look fun image.  

We're more spikes than springs here.  Get a load of these beauties...

Nowt wrong with thick socks and a fuzzy blanket Obelixx image. That's me every evening.  I draw the line at legwarmers though.... remind me of the TV show Fame image.  I'd feel obliged to do jazz hands when wearing them ? image.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,442

I have leg warmers from when I've had to be out in -15C and worse and ski socks weren't enough to keep the blood warm down my legs.  Very handy when I had a foot op in January and had bare toes in an orthopedic boot.   Not for public consumption but very comforting so I've kept them, just in case.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,513

Those shoes might give you a grip on steep, slippery steps - or kill you.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 744

Rotovator.

Bought many years ago and still in the box. I think I thought I was becoming a farmer or something.

• IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,330

I have a thick black plastic trowel that came with a gardening magazine.  (It might just have been a Gardeners World freebie) but what was basically  a thick wedge of plastic really would not dig into anything.

It is probably still lying somewhere on the floor of  my "Wendy house".

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 1,843
    Iamweedy says:

I have a thick black plastic trowel that came with a gardening magazine.  (It might just have been a Gardeners World freebie) but what was basically  a thick wedge of plastic really would not dig into anything.

It is probably still lying somewhere on the floor of  my "Wendy house".

See original post

If it's the one I am thinking of then after  despising it for years, I found the end of the handle unscrews to reveal a calibrated dibber! Both bits are useful in the greenhouse only, as a scoop and dibber.

My useless item was a hand held bulb planter that I am not strong enough to push into the ground (or my clay soil is too heavy) and it does not release the plug of soil afterwards either.

AB Still learning