chocolate teapots

B3B3 Posts: 6,712

This is mine:

The blade  is blunt  and is at the wrong  angle  to serve any useful  purpose.

Why do I keep it? I've no idea.

PS  if the university types  read this  thread,  they might save themselves the trouble of posting a survey. 

In London. Keen but lazy.

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 1,463

A pair of grass shears designed for one handed use, with blades that swivel so you can cut flat or sideways.  They were Ok as long as you didn't expect to cut more than three blades of grass at once, and didn't mind stopping work every three minutes to tighten the screws that held it all together.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • B3B3 Posts: 6,712

It's supposed to be a short handled hoe. I'd be better off sawing a bit of the handle off a Dutch hoe.

I use an old pair of dressmaking scissors to trim the edges of the grass when I'm doing hands and knees weeding and a proper edge trimmer when I'm upright.

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,319

One of those 'sow seeds one at a time' thingies.

Reasonable to smallish seeds I can space by myself. 

I thought it would be good for tiny ones but I can't see if it has worked or not!!

So I just mix them with silver sand and prick them out when they are big enough.

• BobFlannigonBobFlannigon Posts: 519

Fiskars extending loppers.  

When you extend the loppers and 'lock' them as soon as you exert any pressure towards the blade the extension just slides back in.  What a rubbish brand.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 12,811

Ha!  I bought a pair of those this spring and the catch that holds the extension just slips and/or breaks.  Took them back for a replacement, no bother from the shop, but hey-ho, same again.  Sent a complaint to Fiskar's and NO ANSWER!   Shame on you Fiskar.

However, they do cut really well when I can use them.

My useless tool is actually a Wolf head.  I love this range but was bought the automatic seed distributor wheel thingy and have never used it. 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I bought some of those in lidl. The same the problem, but cheaper. Also, they're too heavy to wield. Loppers and somesteps does the job.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 12,250

A PARASOL FOR THE GARDEN TABLE.

IT GOT USED ONCE THIS YEAR AND ONCE LAST YEAR.

THE SPIDERS WERE VERY GRUMBLESOME ON BOTH OCCASIONS.

MAYBE I SHOULD MOVE TO SOMEWHERE THAT HAS A SUMMER. image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 12,811

B3 - I have loppers but they're anvil and I wanted parrot.

Pansy - Our parasol was brought out for visitors in May but OH put it up when there was a strong breeze and, one gust later, bent pole.   We moved our table under a tree.   

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw