Dogs urinating on front garden

My garden is open to the road and was just a lawn so to create boundaries I have put in Lavender and box hedges. But I have saw one of my neighbours letting her dog urinate over my flowers. It's a long rd and people tend to walk their dogs along it. I can't see this problem going away.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,420

You need a fence, or a "pretty please we are not a dog toilet" sign or else a water scarecrow but that will wet everyone.  Or a bigger dog than the neighbours.

Last edited: 05 October 2017 13:13:55

The Vendée, France
  • ann394ann394 Posts: 11

Think I'll go with the fence. Thanks.

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,048

Dogs are a nuisance.image

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 12,100

Only uncontrolled dogs.....their owners are the nuisance!

SW Scotland
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 15,639

imho, most pet owners ( outdoor kinda pets,cats and dogs, not goldfish etc ) are a bit selfish. They want the animals and everyone else has to put up with them.

Devon.
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,276

I'd up the price to £2 for dog mentions HFan - you could be on a winner here image

• Dave HumbyDave Humby Posts: 728
    Hostafan1 says:

imho, most pet owners ( outdoor kinda pets,cats and dogs, not goldfish etc ) are a bit selfish. They want the animals and everyone else has to put up with them.

See original post

'Most'? 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 20,284

I see people letting dogs pee up against hedges etc all the time. Why do they think that's ok? image

Perhaps we should all go and cock our legs against their fences, hedges and walls.....

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,276

Know what you mean Fairy - living "on the street", I have planters by my front door - some dog owners think it perfectly acceptable to let their dogs pee on themimage

Like the idea of doing the same but my sense of balance is poor these days - so, I'd need 1 paw to rest on the wall/fence, another paw to lift.  Leaves me with 2 paws but both on the same side.  Need to work on that oneimage

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 20,284

Would you like a loan of my walking poles philippa? image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past