Forum home Plants

Could Someone ID this please ?

New to posting on here but I have been reading this wonderful board for a long while now. If anyone can help I know you all can.

Any idea what this might be? Thanks for any help.

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,998

Maybe one of the Calla lilies , often sold in florists and garden centres . Will survive outdoors in mild winters ; (Zantedeschia spp.)

• Thank you for your swift answer Paul B3.

• pugslovesunpugslovesun @ 900ft Pennines, West YorkshirePosts: 295

It looks a little like Lords & Ladies (Arum Italicum) 

• pugslovesun says:

It looks a little like Lords & Ladies (Arum Italicum) 

See original post

The leaf shape does look more like this. Thank you.image

• I agree that the leaf shapes are very similar...however I think you will find that the light areas of the leaves for Arum italicum always follow the veins. See...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Arum_italicum_leaves_J1.jpg

Plantnut...your leaf shows random splashes of white.

Compare this to Zantedeschia albomaculata leaves which are different in the markings.

https://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Spotted%20Calla%20Lily.html

Last edited: 03 October 2017 08:53:27

Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,848

It's a houseplant I've seen about. (I don't do houseplants). Definitely not Arum italicum

• Thanks so much for all the help you've given. Zantedeschia albomaculata's markings look very similar.

The thing that made me wonder about it to start with, was how long and thin the leaves are, it just doesn't seem to fit exactly with anything I've looked at.

It could be a 'houseplant' or some kind of exotic, as it's in a garden SE facing in the south of England.

• pugslovesunpugslovesun @ 900ft Pennines, West YorkshirePosts: 295

Yes I agree, didn't look it up just wrote before checking  imageimage