Hardening off question

oooftoooft Posts: 79

Morning gardeners. I've grown some bellis daisy from seed. I did them in two batches some weeks apart. First batch is raring to go, second hasn't grown much at all so i think im going to write them off. Its not been too cold at night here so im wondering if i can just plant the big ones today or do they still need to spend daytime outdoors for a week?

• LantanaLantana Posts: 4,212

I don't know what part of the country you're in but if you've grown them in the GH, I'd put them out to harden off for a while first even if you're in the south.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,315

I leave mine out just a few days before planting out. In an open cold frame, so that if the night is cold I can shut the lid. But they are pretty hardy.

• oooftoooft Posts: 79

Oh well. We're getting the tail end of the hurricane today so i'll just stay in and stay dry. I'll put the plants out to harden and plant them next dry day. Cheers

• oooftoooft Posts: 79

Busy lizzie. Left my plants out for 3 days and brought them in at night. Planted on the 3rd evening. They look very happy on day 4 and i have 1 flower bud. If only i could stop my dog walking all over them...

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,315

Thanks for the update, glad they look happy.image