Resurrected Twenty-Six

• SussexsunSussexsun Posts: 1,444

Afternoon all

chey that is a posh looking dryer. How much clothing to you wear to need something that big? I have a smaller dryer but try to only use it for socks, pants and pjs. The rest goes outside if dry or on dryer racks in the utility room. 

Joyce love the cabinet. It is a real statement piece.

been keeping busy planting spring bulbs and mulching but still plenty to do. I have moved the succulents into the grow house for winter And need to clean out the greenhouse ready to start a few bits for next year. Still need to do my fushia cuttings and maybe a few hydranger to give to my brother.

kitties are growing well and into everything. Went upstairs for a shower earlier and the followed me up. I didn't notice until the daft thing jumped into the bath and quickly jumped out again when hit by the shower.

To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

• Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,553

I LIKE moles.  Beautiful coats, velvet, close-cropped and the colour of antique aged pewter.  I've been watching Bargain 'unt, can you tell?   Yes, the wee tinkers make hollows and bumps with those huge paws/claws/feeties, but I don't need a close-cropped lawn.  This is a garden for living things, not a municipal golf course or a managed, controlled stately home!  I know I might be in a minority ( I usually am ) but perfection isn't something that floats my boat.  That's for control-freaks.

And the earth they turn up is exquisite ; virgin soil, crumbly, perfect, lovely for potting-on.

Wonder if LB's got there yet?  Hopefully they'll all be out tonight, dancing a jig 'neath the table and keeping perfectly still and straight-faced above!

Expecting company this evening, so I'd better mooch off, but will try to catch you all later......be good, and if you misbehave, just DUCK!

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,020

I'm exhausted but making myself stay awake so I can sleep well tonight

Sunny - I have a huge bedding set that needs space to dry image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

You have had a busy, tiring day Cheyimage

SW Scotland

Been awake for 13 hours and counting image

• LantanaLantana Posts: 5,799

I'd agree re the space in the tumble dryer. Although there was only the 2 of us ours used to be a big one so that if we did have to do bedding in it, at least there was space. Got a new one much the same size but it lives in the shed - lack of space in kitchen. Much prefer to line dry, but think Chey would have trouble doing that at the top of the stepsimage

No thanks to the hanging gardens of Buxton image

• LantanaLantana Posts: 5,799

Cheyimage So back to the tumble dryer then! Still, at least you've got a 'garden' to look out atimage

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,748

EVENING ALL,

BEAUTIFUL SIDEBOARD, JOYCE. IT CALLS FOR A COCKTAIL SHAKER AND A FEW SMART GLASSES, I THINK.image I CAN IMAGINE MONSIEUR POIRROT STANDING BESIDE IT.

I HAVE SPENT THE DAY ON MY KNEES, WEEDING FLOWERBEDS. NOT MY FAVOURITE GARDENING JOB. STILL, AT LEAST IT HAS BEEN WARM.

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD DAY.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.