Forum home The potting shed

God and Lawn Care

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Ha ha image very good LB... although it doesn't sound much like my little patch of grass, which is more than a little weedy image.  But I like the clover & daisies so image

Oh josusa, your tale made me chuckle too.  Poor rellies trapped indoors with artificial light and filtered air. The leccy bill must be humongous image.

I have all the windows and doors open from dawn til night, come rain or shine. Not much of a mozzie problem here in the NW thankfully image.

Last edited: 23 September 2017 19:10:30

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,832

Hi LB,

This is a well-known story that you can read on many websites. I would really like to know who the original author was, so as to attribute it properly. image

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,547

Me too. I suspect it might have originated in America - spellings and references to plants like milkweeds. My brother sent it to me and it made me smile so I thought I would share it.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,983
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,832

@pansyface,

Not sure about the relationship between your link and the current discussion ; plagiarism?

Anyway I've been a great fan of Tom Lehrer for many years and I still listen to his songs from time to time just to enjoy his irresistible black humour.

Re the article posted by LB, this site https://richsoil.com/lawn/god.jsp quotes a reference to El Ojo Del Lago News, Guadalajara, Mexico, but unfortunately without an author's name.

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).

I would really like to know who the original author was, so as to attribute it properly. 

IT CAME TO ME OUT OF THE BLUE.

A JOKE. 

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

I didn't for one second think that LB was the author of the text image, just that she was sharing a funny story with us all. It made me chuckle image.

Anyways. A man walks into a bar with a horse, and the barman says...image

Oops I'd better not repeat that one either image. You all know the punchline image

WHY THE LONG FACE, KITTY? image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

Gold star for Pansy ? ? 

Goes well with my golden oldie, eh? image

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520

Ahh - pansy and Kitty - but do you know the Dave Allen one about the man going into the bar...the one about the wolves?

One of my all time favourites. 

Google it...you have to hear him doing it. Brilliant. image

The other is the Tommy Cooper one about the man walking into a bar and saying 'ouch'. It was an iron bar...

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....