wet greenhouse floor

I have just had my first greenhouse installed and am very excited!  However when it rains, the edges all get wet and small puddles are forming. We have not had constant heavy downpours so I am obviously concerned about when it does pour.

I have attached a photo. Is this quite normal. The base is slabs.image

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,043

Looking good Benarch ??.

I think others on the forum have done a bead of silicone sealant around the base to prevent water coming in. Not sure of the exact method, not done it myself.

• Thanks Kitty2, this is all new to me!

The chap who fitted it said this was normal, but not so sure. I'll look into the sealant solution.

• LantanaLantana Posts: 5,675

Had the same problem when I got a new GH a couple of years ago. Mine is exactly the same as yours, laid on slabs and used to look the same as in your photo after rain.  OH used a clear silicone sealant all round the edges of the base, straight onto the slabs and it's held well. The base of the GH is metal and so I suppose you are going to get a certain amount of condensation too but nothing to worry about.

• Thanks Lantana. I wished they told you these things so that you didn't spend time worrying about it!

I'll try to get it done before the bad weather starts.