Forum home The potting shed

Garden visits - Asphodèle group, Vendée

2»

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,283

Just found this, thank you for posting the link from Garden Visits thread. But, yet again I can't see the Photobucket Photos. Full of ads, some time ago I tried the ad block, but it didn't work. But then Photobucket said I had to sign in, but I no longer have an account with them as they wanted to be paid and I declined. It took ages to get that far as Internet here is very poor.

I can see photos on this site, even if I have to wait a bit.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,384

Here are a few then.  Pigeon defences - simple but effective

Snail made from a gourd and 2 small ones for its "ears"

Epiphyte ferns hanging in the fig tree

Insect hotel with butterfly motif

Tree house - he sleeps in tehre so he can listen to the birds at night and at dawn but not when the acorns are dropping!

One of the home-made arbours

Sylvia's serpent

The dry garden - especially useful in a drought year!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Horseshoe cat

Beautiful feathery conifer

Another insect hotel in "cactus" form

The ponds with home made resin and sand birds, water lilies and stepping stones between the 2 for normal water levels

Fishermen

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 15,283

Thank you Obelixx. Appreciated image They are very talented. Love the serpent.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,619

Ah!  It's an insect hotel, not a log store or a sculpture...  image

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore

Maybe 2 out of the three Liri.   Their log pile is much more functional and hidden near the house.