Forum home Plants

Anyone know what this is please?

herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,310

Hi, my daughter asked me what my neighbours plant was called as she liked the look of it. I am rubbish with garden flower names so asked my neighbour, he says his brother planted them 20 years ago and he has forgotten! But he has a small plant in a pot if my daughter wants it. Can anyone put all three of us out of our misery please?

imageimage

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett

• It looks like Caryopteris clandonensis to me.  It has blue flowers during late summer and autumn.

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,687

I agree, Caryopteris Chandonensis. The Blue Beard. Could be Heavenly Blue.

• herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,310

Brilliant! Thank you Rosa that certainly looks like it and they are huge. Off to claim the pot image

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,310

and Borderline! Was typing when you posted, thinking maybe Heavenly Blue but what do I know image