Forum home The potting shed

Adam Frost - Gardeners World

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,912

Perhaps Nigel the dog will be writing a book next ! Monty the 'mine of information' will surely have passed on some of his 'knowledge' even to him image

• Lets just say there are two camps shall we?image

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,591

Just like to point out if you don't like a programme , you don't have to watch it , you can turn the TV off !image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,606

or just FF the bits you don't like?

Devon.
  • I am a great fan of GW and Monty and love the new longer programme format.  Their visits to other people's gardens fascinates me, and I would imagine that there is something to interest everyone during the one hour shows.  The community garden that was shown last night was probably the most disappointing slot for me, but seeing Monty's enthusiasm week after week never fails to inspire me.

Long live Monty and Longmeadow garden.

• RedwingRedwing Posts: 878

I like Monty's enthusiasm and positive nature. It brings joy into my life to watch GW these days. I haven't been this enthusiastic about GW since the days of Geoff Hamilton. I agree his garden is too crowded and he isn't always right but his positivity makes up for it. He expresses himself well unlike Adam whose descriptions amount to little more than 'amazing ', which conveys very little.

i also like the visits to other gardens which all so different and increasing the programme length makes these visits long enough to give a good feel of the gardens being featured. 

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

I really enjoy GW these days. I wish it wasn't on so late though. I know it can be recorded and played back, but I really like it as a prelude to my weekend. I'm so glad they stopped all that nonsense from a few years back.... making hanging baskets out of coat hangers, oh and those awful hanging coconut / moss balls things!! 

I really like Francis. She's very natural and easy to watch. For me, Carol is queen. I think she should have been made head presenter years ago, or better still given her own series. The one that was made about her garden throughout the seasons was brilliant. I still watch it back now.

I also loved the series on Christine's Garden. Now that was fantastic. A complete natural and so relevant to most of us with normal gardens. Not seen her on the telly box for a while. 

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,591

Agree the new 1 hour format is much better , long may it continue image

I usually record it , haven't watched last episode yet 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,706

I really like Carole's enthusiasm, but it do wish she could turn the 'gushing' volume down a little at times. image

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,253

I like Longmeadow, one man's claustrophobic is another man's cosy image