Forum home The potting shed

Adam Frost - Gardeners World

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,487

Monty is eloquent and articulate but too often his projects and alll those grandiose pots of tender plants needing serious muscle to shift in and out are not at all relevant to me or my gardening ambitions or what I want in a "how to, when to, what to, where to" gardening programme.  

Like Hosta, I find MD's garden very claustrophobic and hemmed in.  I like a feeling of light and space and air.   MDs garden was, I believe, conceived and all those hedges and trees planted out when he needed a refuge from the outside world but it's all too enclosed and confining for me, even with some of the hedges taken out.

I might let him loose in my embryonic potager and the compost heaps but not anywhere else in my garden.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FirecrackerFirecracker East Lancashire.Posts: 256

Yeah, we thought Adams garden was getting ready for Monty to hand over in a couple of years or so.image

Agree with LF fast forward the silly bits.image

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,706

Anybody want to start a sweepstake on which edition will have Monty giving a full explanation of how to move a tender banana plant at the end of the season? image

• Don't care KT, I'll still watchimage

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520

KT - not sure if you'd get decent odds on that image

I think I might be alone in my opinion of it all...

I couldn't give a flying chuff about any of it   image

It's become the visual equivalent of muzak for me. Shame really  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,912

Personally , I'd rather be in my own garden than waste time watching Monty in his image

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,591

Monty & GW is entertainment image

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,253

I happen to like Monty and his garden image

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,912

Everyone to their own , as they say image