Forum home The potting shed

Adam Frost - Gardeners World

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,563

That would be a welcome move when MD does retire.  

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,638

I find "longmeadow" a deeply claustrophobic garden. Even with all those hedges being lowered, it's very inward looking for my tastes. 

Others are , of course , free to disagree. To each his own.

I love what Adam is doing with his garden and I find his describing his " rationale" very informative.

Devon.
  • Im probably quite the opposite. I love watching the bits filmed in Months' garden, and usually fast forward through everything else. For me, GW is all about Monty and Montys' garden. I love it.

maybe we could do a swap? you get all the months' bits and the dogs and I'll get the gardening? image

The joys of the FF button eh?

Devon.
  • Me too Leadfarmer. And I love the fact that GW is an hour long at the moment. And I love Beechgrove tooimage

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,849

I need to disagree, but I am not sure who withimage

I think BREXIT will ruin GW.

Walk out to winter, swear I'll be there.
    Chill will wake you, high and dry
    You'll wonder why.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,338

When Monty is pontificating on life,the universe and everything, I like the expression on Nigel's face. "Is he still going on?"

I hadn't considered that Adam's garden could be used as a "Longmeadow" - he certainly seems to have enough space.

" When Monty is pontificating on life,the universe and everything, I like the expression on Nigel's face. "Is he still going on?" "

He's not the only one. image

Devon.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,338

Hosta, l knew you couldn't resist image