Forum home The potting shed

Adam Frost - Gardeners World

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,540

I am going to Adam's gardening school next week d'you know image

really excited and will ask him re Gardeners World and if they are filming there again this year.

Adam does occasionally post pics on Instagram of his garden d'you know image

• Oh I look forward to hearing how you get on Beaus Mum. Do let us know what he says. I was enjoying watching him plan and design his new garden and thought we'd be alongside him as it developed.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,606

Try counting the times the word " amaaaaaaaaaazing" is used on telly. Jamie Oliver is a massive fan as is Francis Tophill. She used it twice last week when looking at a fern and numerous other times.

Devon.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 7,326

D'you know, I didn't know that Beaus Mum ! image

Have a great time, and let us know all about it.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,706
    Hostafan1 says:

Try counting the times the word " amaaaaaaaaaazing" is used on telly. Jamie Oliver is a massive fan as is Francis Tophill. She used it twice last week when looking at a fern and numerous other times.

See original post

I know what you mean about 'amaaaaaaazing'.  It's used to death.  One programme I watch has a combination of that and "This is the best xyz I've ever seen.  They should all be done like this"

• MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180

I said the exact same thing to my husband when Francis Tophil was on gw last week. She said "amazing at least 4/5 times when looking at the fernsimage i said i think its because she didnt quite know what else to say after seeing the millionth fernimage "aaaaaamazing!" 

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 3,236

Beaus Mum I didn't know Adam had a gardening school would be very interested to hear how it goes. I agree watching him develop his new space was one of the best bits last season.

AB Still learning

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,026

Well jell BM.  I like Adam Frost and agree that it's a shame if GW stop showing the development of the garden.

It's the 'journey' thing that annoys me. It seems that everyone who appears on TV is going on one.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 23,487

I record GW every week so I can watch it at a more convenient time and FF the daft bits.   The only episodes I have kept of GW are the ones with Adam in his garden or talking about design in other gardens and one or two gems from Carol Klein.   I shall be very sorry if we are not to have any more contributions from him.   He talks sense and is practical.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • I even wondered if we would be following his garden with a view to him taking over as GW presenter at his garden.