Adam Frost - Gardeners World

I see that Adam isn't showing us the development of his new garden on GW like he was last year. I wonder if its because he has since started to run a gardening school from his new house, with GW perhaps not wanting to appear to be supporting one of its presenters business interests?

Its a shame, I was interested in watching it develop.

Last edited: 08 September 2017 19:11:48

• scrogginscroggin Posts: 2,128

You may well be right Leadfarmer. I agree, it is a shame if that's the case, because like you I enjoyed the sections on GW at his garden.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 15,202

what about Monty's endless books?

Devon.
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 1,628

I may be unique here , but I don't particularly rate either of them very highly ; just TV celebs with an inclination towards gardening ; think of all the royalties they collect from their rather mundane publications ; and as for what 'Monty' apparently knows , a novice gardener would be non the wiser after watching GW.image

There's definitely more expertise and 'know-how' on this forum .

• scrogginscroggin Posts: 2,128

I think Adam Frost's numerous Gold's at Chelsea show that he has something worthwhile to pass on to the rest of us. He also worked with Geoff Hamilton in his early years. 

Last edited: 08 September 2017 20:09:21

Yes , you're probably right ; too many vodkas , thoroughly fed up . Had long hard day and apologies if offended anyone image

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 5,223

Paul , cheers , large lemon Gin at moment ?

Personally like both , after all it is a TV programme , entertaiment but known where you are coming from image

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 688

Large glass of wine hereimage.  I was wondering what was happening with Adam's garden. It's a shame as l was interested in the development and the planting he was doing (Also rather envious of the lovely house and all the room he had to build a vegetable garden etc).

Typical that one of the more interesting segments (to me) on GW may not be shown anymore image

Adams house is near (or in) Stamford apparently ; not a million miles from where I live .

If anyone likes quaint medieval architecture , that's the place to visit .

One thing I do envy , the large walls around some of his garden image ; some of the different climbing plants I could plant up those .

• WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,173

D'you know, I always look forward to Adam's bits. I play a drinking game where I down my vodka every time he superfluously says "d'you know..." Next time you watch GW, count how many times he says it! 

WillDB

Nice one ; "d'you know" ; from Nottingham myself originally !! image .