Forum home Plants

Ragged Robin

I have some Ragged Robin young plants grown from seed. Some leaves are going transparent, wilting and dying off. What is this likely to be?

• I think it's just the end of the season for them. The cold nights make them want to go to sleep. Are they in the grounod or still in pots I wonder?  If in pots, put in in a cold frame and leave them to get them on with it. They should come up In The spring.  If in the ground mark where they are so you don't dI g them up later on and keep that area weed free so they can come up in the spring.  Hope this helps. God luck

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 3,000

Hello maryesimpson

Lychnis flos-cuculi ; what a poetic name for Ragged Robin (or should that be the other way round)?image

I know they appreciate moist , almost boggy conditions ; are yours too dry ?

• No I don,t think so

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 3,000

Greenmums advice sounds pretty sound to me !

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,875

Mine have done that. I wouldn't worry, they always survive. Might be some sort of leaf miner involved but they'll die off in winter, the Ragged Robin won't,

• Thank you for all replies. Think it could be leaf miner. They are young plants only pricked out about a month ago, but growing well. Think I will try hardening them off and then plant out. Am growing them for my daughter's meadow.