Forum home The potting shed

These Made Me Smile In The Garden

I woke up this morning to find this beauty had opened image"Blue Moon" 

I absolutely love her, such a pretty colour and smells divine.

Then along came my little helper who got stuck into some digging and bulb planting for me image

My great granny and granny, who are sadly no longer with us, were both keen gardeners so I'm chuffed my little girl really loves getting stuck in and is interested in everything from weeding (really handy image) to moving the toads out the way (even handier image).

She's only 3 and a half so I'm hoping it'll be something I can instil in her for years to come.

Just wanted to share these pics as they both really made me smile today.

• hi there,

This is such a lovely post.

Nice to see little ones show an interest. My helpers are 14 and 7 and though they dont get their hands as dirty as they used to. They still show an interest. Enjoying sowing flowers and trips to the garden center every now and then. They also enjoy being outdoors in the garden.

Keep up your good work

Daisy x

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,871

Is the colour of the photo accurate?  (I know it can vary from monitor to monitor anyway).  When it first appeared Blue Moon was a really deep mauve/purple which looked totally wrong for a rose to me.

• MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180

Thank you Daisy Doo image hopefully mine will still be keen at the grand old age of 14image x

Yes KT53, no filters used for the picture. Taken with the new Samsung phone the camera is incredible image I love the colour if this rose, it's like a soft lilac.

image not deep mauve/purple at all anymore KT53 image

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,783

KT53 - you may be thinking of Rhapsody in Blue which is much darker? I've got Blue Moon and mine is the same colour as MrsFoxglove's - it's flowering strongly. I have told it that it's not June anymore but it seems not to care. image

Lovely photos MrsFoxglove image

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away and know when to run
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,991

I'm not really a rose person, and definitely not a hybrid-tea person. But that is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Thank you rasingirl, Rhapsody in Blue is really striking too. Funnily enough that rose featured in the last trip my granny and I took to Hever castle together in the rose gardens image I may get one of those next year.

Glad you like it WillDB image