The effect of Brexit on your garden

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,924
    edited 19 February
    I think Papi Jo's tongue was firmly in his cheek and it does say Guadeloupe and Martinique on the label Philippa but yes, not grown in  the hexagon.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,066
    Yes, Obe & Philippa, "tongue in cheek", that's me.😜
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • My fault - I'm afraid anything to do with Brexit puts me straight into a downward spiral.  I should have realised the TIC as well as putting my specs on to look at Papi's photo :(
  • Not sure if that emoji is Red Faced ?
  • jamesharcourtjamesharcourt West SussexPosts: 347
    edited 20 February
    I think the negativity, prejudice and anger behind Brexit was at least partly responsible for wilting foliage on a mature Japanese Maple in my back garden last summer ...
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,924
    Couldn't possibly just have got thirsty during the heatwave?  Be kinder to it this year.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Can't comment on the Acer but Brexit certainly makes me wilt :(
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
    Acers are Japanese, right? Like Honda, Nissan, Panasonic, Sony... #justsaying
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • I'm expecting to be able to get water hyacinths in the UK again. 

One of the more ludicrous EU bans. 
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,066
    I totally disagree with @themanfromvolantis . The ban on invasive species is not ludicrous, it's a good thing.
    "E. crassipes, a native of South America, is a major freshwater weed in most of the frost-free regions of the world and is generally regarded as the most troublesome aquatic plant"

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).