Forum home Fruit & veg

showing potatoes

I want to enter some Cara potatoes in our local show  which is judged by RHS judges. The schedule has classes for round white and round coloured, and I am stumped as to what class to choose, bearing in mind that Cara, although a white potato has pink eyes.  Please Help! 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,282

Pretty certain that if it has pink eyes it's a coloured potato .... (or a white rabbit image)

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Auntie EAuntie E Posts: 32

Thanks Dovefromabove, I had wondered if coloured meant just potatoes like all red etc, so will have a go.  Rabbits are a sore subject at the moment, one got into my veg plot and ate a whole row of kale and parsley!  My cat caught it eventually and brought it in through the cat flap, so I was able to take it back to its own habitat. Phew.

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,133

Hello , there is a book that the RHS produce which explains the sort query you have , we enter a Village show that is Jugded to RHS standards and we asked to borrow the book ? , it was most helpful , why not see if the organisers have one image

• GWRS, Many thanks for the information,  I think our local village show organisers have a copy, so will borrow for next year.