Forum home Plants

Brown In Lawn

Hi, I have laid a new lawn which has been down now for about 3 months and has taken well.  However when I mow it it becomes quite apparent that there is quite a lot of brown grass making up the lawn.  It is well drained but not dry and has been fed the suppliers (rolawn) own feed mix as well as being reseeded over the entire surface about a month ago.  Pics of what I mean are attached.  Any help appreciated.  PS I am using a hand push cylinder manual mower and the feed was put down just after the lawn was laid months ago.imageimage

Thanks

James

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,282

I can't see a real problem other than the fact that the ends of the grass look a bit mangled ... is the mower a new one with sharp blades or could they be a bit on the blunt side?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi Dave.  The lawnmower is new and cuts paper.  Maybe it looks worse in the pic than it really is.  It's the brown dead grass that isn't trimmings in between the live grass that's concerning.  Perhaps it's just the grass that died when it was cut from the field and is yet to rot away allowing new growth to come through?  

Thanks

James

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,282

You may well have solved your problem. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh