Forum home Plants

Mystery gatherer

Bought a bag of easy imagepollenators and these have popped up anyone identify these as they are spreading like wildfire. Thanks

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 5,690

Did the mix contain Forget-Me-Not?

"What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbour". 
  • Yes we thought forget me nots were thinner ?

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,537

They look small and innocent at first and you can dig some up and spread them around to fill patches that willl still be bare in early spring or add to pots of bulbs or wallflowers. You will only need a few in that space, so there are some spares!
    They can grow surprisingly wide though, so give them plenty of space and pull them out fast when they start going over to avoid having too many new seedlings. You will still get some!

I love them for the mist of blue in the spring borders and the bees and orange tip butterflies love them too. Get lots of good photo ops with themimage

• Ok thank you. Will spread some around and add a few to pots for some greenery.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

I'm certain they are not forget me nots, the shape and texture is nothing like. I would be reluctant to spread them around until you know exactly what they are, wait and see if they flower, I've seen that crinkly dimpled leaf but cant think at the moment. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• My mother in law is a keen gardener and didn't think they were forget me nots either ...... The mystery continues ?