Forum home Plants

Bulb pans

Not sure if this is the right category for this question.

does anybody know where I can buy terracotta bulb pans, I can't find any uk websites that sell them. I saw Monty Don had some with succulents in on his programme a couple of weeks ago.


  • AngieRAngieR Posts: 347

    I found these - are the what you are looking for

  • hi AngieR.

    No not really,but thanks for your prompt help. If you Google terracotta bulb pan, the photos that come up show  them as being wide but shallow pots, but they dont seem to be available to buy from anywhere. Thanks again.

  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,135

    Do you mean one of these Floweryg?


    I got mine locally - quite a few years ago now. Have you asked at Garden Centres? 

    Online suppliers of terracotta pots might be worth trying.

    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

  • AngieRAngieR Posts: 347

    The link I gave - The Potting Shed have a wide selection of terracotta pots in different shaps and sizes Flowery Gardener.   The bulb pan I found were all in stock.

    I have a few like Fairygirls and bought them at my local GC too.  

  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,135

    Google 'alpine pan' Floweryg. That's what they're really called  image

    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,053

    Or half pots.

    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Thank you AngieR, Fairygirl and Hogweed. I've found a company in Yorkshire that sells Alpine pans - perfect for my succulents! Thanks again.

Sign In or Register to comment.