Forum home Plants

Can anyone identify this...

MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180

Hello, this little beauty is thriving in my partially shaded little courtyard but I have no idea what it is. I'd be grateful for any insights. Thank you imageimage

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,964

Foliage reminds me of the tender perennial shrubby Salvias .

• MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180

Thank you Paul, that could well be a possibility as I've dabbled with salvia's before image

If a positive ID , probably not getting enough sunlight to flower well .image

• DimWitDimWit Posts: 553

Could it be some sort of clerodendron, especially C. bungei ?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,851

Looking a lot like a young Salvia Amistad.   If it overwintered, it may be taking its time coming up to flower. Young cuttings overwintered in a greenhouse and then planted out flower earlier than  older plants overwintered outside.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 1,120

It looks just like my salvia Amistad. They like to be in the sun I believe. it flowers well in to the autumn and is my favourite plant in the garden. Your plants look extremely healthy!

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

My S.'Amistad' was broken off completely due to high winds the other week image

• MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180

Thank you all so much for your advice and feedback, I'll definitely pop her out the front in the sunshine and see if anything blooms.