Hello Forkers ... August edition

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,415

Hello everyone image  ...  August starts here ... 

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,415

It's a beautiful morning ... very calm and still ... Just the sounds of wood pigeons and a crow or two, and a robin chinking in the holly across the road ... but the weatherman has just mentioned the possibility of thunder this afternoon ...

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 6,396

Hello Dove. Fancy it already beingbAugust!  The year is flying by. 

Hubby put a wildlife camera in my veg garden while we were away and we left the gate open, to see who might venture in. Surprisingly, as well as the expected Kangaroos, birds and a rabbit, there was an echidna. I'll see if we can separate a photo of it. Something is enjoying the leaves from the Kale and Broccolini, but I've deliberately let the beds lie fallow until spring, so I don't mind.

S. E. NSW

Oooh my OH would love to see a photo of an echidna image

We're off to Cornwall at the end of the month, stopping off to see Hosta and his Lovely Hub on the way.

On the way back we're booked into a hotel for a couple of nights and will spend a day at Whipsnade Zoo ... I've not been since Wonky was small ...

It's a marvellous place where lots of endangered species are part of breeding and reintroduction programmes ... the enclosures are spacious and really well designed. I lived nearby when I was small and can remember trips there ... The wallabies roam free and some escaped and now live wild in the area ... that'll  make you smile image

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 11,628

Morning Dove, Pat and others as they arrive.

SW Scotland

Hi Joyce. Dove,  I like the idea of wallabies escaping, but I suppose not everyone is pleased.

S. E. NSW

He's gorgeous! What is he?

I think people are used to the wallabies now ... Most of them seem to hang around Dunstable Downs which is a natural open space. Pa did moan about occasional crop damage tho, and from the Muntjacs and Water deer. 

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,258

Makes my wildlife look quite tame image

Hope the thunder forecasts are wrong - littlest Chicklet is heading off to camp in the New Forest with her friends for the next few daysimage  She could get wet and muddy image

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 11,628

Pat, the echidna is like a giant hedgehog who will snuffle around your garden.

Birds are so colourful.

SW Scotland

The parrots are Crimson Rosellas. image

S. E. NSW

The white on is a White Cockatoo

The pink and grey ones are Galahs. 

They all bully the Rosellas - probably because they are bigger.

S. E. NSW