Forum home Wildlife gardening

Maybe in with a chance

https://www.facebook.com/coolingsnurseries/photos/pcb.1455731191129882/1455727987796869/?type=3

Dear All, I have entered the picture of my Mint Moth on one of my poppy seed heads, I wondered if you could possibly go on the link attached and vote for me. That would be wonderful. image

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

I tried to vote but I don't know if it was accepted. I pushed the vote button for you anyway (maybe more than one time) Jacqueline. image

Great pic.

Last edited: 29 July 2017 18:12:06

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Great picture: I've voted.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,156

I voted too Jacqueline, although the site didn't seem very straightforward for doing it! 

Good luck - it's a beautiful photo  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,923

I've voted.

Just so folks know you have to put in your email address, confirm you are not a robot when the screen darkens and confirm your vote from an email sent to you before it registers.

Good luck Jacqueline.?

• Jacqueline29Jacqueline29 Posts: 355

Thank you so much, much appreciated. I am an amateur gardener, but also an amateur photographer and love taking pictures of my flowers and the wildlife that comes into it. image

I hate to tell you Jacqueline, but I don't think my vote has counted. image

I emailed Coolings and they explained I'd get a link in an email which then activates the vote. I've never received it. I've just contacted them again and told them it's not working correctly and I thought it was a really poor method of running a competition. image

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,736

Sorry,  Jacqueline but I hate Facebook, will never have a Facebook account so cannot vote for your photo.image

Too bad, I really like it. Totally agree with Fairy, that's a poor method of running a competition.

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).

I don't use it either Papi Jo, and it allowed me to vote - well try and vote.

It's the long winded way of voting I have the issue with, but mainly the fact that I never got an email with the link needed to activate the vote. I tried going back in to vote again, and there was a timer on the photos saying you could vote again in about twenty minutes. Most peculiar  image