Forum home Plants

HELP

Any idea

• pansyfacepansyface Posts: 22,278

PLANTS GENERALLY DO START OUT SMALL AND GET BIGGER.

UNLESS THEY DIE.

A PHOTO WOULD HELP ENORMOUSLY. UNLESS WE ARE GOING TO PLAY A QUESTION AND ANSWER GAME ALL DAY.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    If you live in Derbyshire, as I do.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 85,981

To upload a photo start with the camera icon ... if the photo doesn't upload try reducing the size ... it usually works image

Intrigued to see your plant ........... 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Martin188Martin188 Posts: 12

• Martin188Martin188 Posts: 12

It doesn't like too much water it dies but now its about 4ft tall and others sprout ing from it

• Tina_i_amTina_i_am Posts: 173

Has it ever had any flowers? Can you describe them if it has.

What was it that attracted you to pick up a random plant from the pavement and repot it every year. If no one can help identify it, then just enjoy that what you are nurturing.

Last edited: 27 July 2017 14:48:21

• With out a picture of the flowers it's hard to say but the leaves resemble the leaves on my Angles Trumpet plants . They turn yellow and fall off if given too much water too. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 85,981

Barefoot ... I'm thinking Brugmansia too ............. what a wonderful find by Martin if that's what it is.  image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 3,120

That foliage to me resembles a Phytolacca (esculenta???) . I have P.americana which looks 99% similar .

They are so easy from seed , maybe a bird-dropping ? The succulent juicy fruits are probably irresistible to them .

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,230

My brugmansias have more pointy leaves.

Can we see the entire plant in its pot?

• paula.conwaypaula.conway Posts: 121

Hi Martin 188, if the flowers look like the ones in the picture, its definitely a brugmansia plant. Be careful when handling ,its a poisonous plant. All parts of the  plant are toxic. I use to feed mine at least twice a week with tomato feed.