Forum home Fruit & veg

Chilli Focus and Formulex

I've bought these two

imageimage

I got the Chilli Focus for my chillies and I bought the other one out of interest. Just wondered what you thought of them? What have you used Formulex for?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

It reads rather like an advert Tina. I don't think you intended it that way but it could be interpreted like that.image

• Tina_i_amTina_i_am Posts: 173
    nutcutlet says:

It reads rather like an advert Tina. I don't think you intended it that way but it could be interpreted like that.image

See original post

Ah, okay, I'm not working to promote these two brands. I've never used either before and wanted to know if anyone else has? What people think, how well they worked? Genuinely only seeking information for myself and how best to use in my own garden.

Last edited: 25 July 2017 16:06:07

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I've never heard of either of them, are they new? 

I don't think Chilli Focus is. I see quite a few of the online chilli plant and seeds shops selling it. The other is new to me. I think it's a more of a hydroponic thing from what I can work out. but you can water it in too.

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

Hi Tina image.  I haven't used either of the products but chilli focus often pops up when folks are chatting chillies on the forum. I think Torg has used it ???

Generally seems to be recommended as good (summat to do with the seaweed), I haven't seen anything bad said about it.

I'm a bit of a cheapskate, growing for fun....mine get fed tomato feed image

Hope one of the serious chilli growers Bob/Torg sees your question, and can answer better than me image

Kitty 2 says:

Hi Tina image.  I haven't used either of the products but chilli focus often pops up when folks are chatting chillies on the forum. I think Torg has used it ???

Generally seems to be recommended as good (summat to do with the seaweed), I haven't seen anything bad said about it.

I'm a bit of a cheapskate, growing for fun....mine get fed tomato feed image

Hope one of the serious chilli growers Bob/Torg sees your question, and can answer better than me image

See original post

I didn't start my chillies until April and they look way behind other peoples chilli plants. I'm told most start theirs in February, so no wonder mine looks tiny. So, I  thought I'd get something that would give them a bit of a boost

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150

They are slow to get going Tina. I grew my first ones from shop bought plug plants last year, got confident enough to try seeds this time round with the help and advice from Bob on the forum.  I started mine way back in Jan, in a heated propagator image, now they're in the greenhouse.

Are yours inside or out?  Cooler temps can slow them down.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,488

I sowed my Jalapeno chili and Marconi peppers on 14 March.
    I don't think chili are finikity as to their nutritional requirements.
    I use tomato feed weekly as soon as the flowers appear and a seaweed drench every week from seedling stage onwards. I keep them just a little on the dry side

Japlapeno

Marconi pepper

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    Pete8 says:

I sowed my Jalapeno chili and Marconi peppers on 14 March.
    I don't think chili are finikity as to their nutritional requirements.
    I use tomato feed weekly as soon as the flowers appear and a seaweed drench every week from seedling stage onwards. I keep them just a little on the dry side

Japlapeno

Marconi pepper

imageSee original post

My Jalapenos are a bit small, but not started till April. Been in the greenhouse all the time.

imageimage

Hence looking to boost them a little.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,488

Not sure where you are Tina but in the s/east we've had mostly very warm, sunny weather since May which has helped a lot - until last week.
    I'd be interested to know what you think of the products after you've been using them a while.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.