Forum home Plants

portulaca

I bought one of these last year & it was so pretty but it didn't survive the winter! I collected some of what I thought but were seeds & must have been lucky with some as what I thought were the seeds weren't so 1 must have got in accidentally ???? 

Anyways, this is it a few weeks ago & another of it now - I'm so proud I've grown a plant from seed, even if by accident cos I picked the weren't things - I now what I'm looking for this year ???? 

relatively pest free & just keep flowering, so long as the sun is out, hit & miss in the UK! imageimage

• herbaceousherbaceous OxfordshirePosts: 2,313

I just love that stuff MillyMolly! We had it all over a rockery with Lewisia and mesembryanthemum it looks so pretty. Well done you, seed collecting is fun isn't it? Sometimes it can be like a lucky dip.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • Oops typo error - predictive txt so annoying

I picked the wrong things! Not weren't lol 

I meant now know what I'm looking for! 

• It was mixed, really pretty, I'll take a photo once this seedling one flowers. I got a different variety this year as I didn't think my attempt at seeds would succeed & it's got much bigger, almost double flowers & a different leaf. 

Im starting to collect any seed pods as the flowers die - fingers crossed for next year ??