Forum home Plants

How do I look after indoor miniature roses?

Deana3Deana3 Posts: 4

I have purchased some indoor miniature roses set in compost but have absolutely no idea how to look after them. Do I water from the top or the bottom and how often? Also, do I remove any dead leaves or leave them to fall on their own? One more question, should I add fertilizer to the soil? If so,how much and when...I would love your help...

Last edited: 23 July 2017 15:59:38

• TootsietimTootsietim Posts: 178

my experience of miniature indoor roses is that they are not very strong growers and are better treated as temporary flowering plants rather like a long lasting bunch of flowers. (much like the potted chrysanthemums).

Do not allow them to dry out, remove old leaves as necessary to keep them tidy and enjoy them while you can.

When they finish flowering they could be planted outside, but they don't appear to be very hardy and my only success was with a yellow one.

• Deana3Deana3 Posts: 4

Oh...that's a shame, thanks for the advice Tootsietim

• SussexsunSussexsun Posts: 1,444

I buy lots of miniature roses( £2.50 each from Tesco express) and after they have finished flowering I plant them in the borders of my garden. I have several who have been quite happy out there for several years and I just treat them as though they were a full sized rose. But I am on the south coast so don't really have very cold winters.

To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.