Things that make me squirm

B3B3 Posts: 6,375

1. People who complain about a mere mortal daring to touch a member of the royal family - latest offender ,Canadian Governor General

2. Any sentence concerning America which contains the words 'special relationship'

3. David Dickinson

4. Anyone on a cookery programme who deferentially, obsequiously, grovellingly  says:  'Yes Chef'.

Last edited: 22 July 2017 21:22:13

In London. Keen but lazy.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,978

FORGETTING SOMEONE'S NAME JUST AS I AM ABOUT TO INTRODUCE THEM TO SOMEBODY.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 6,375

That'll do it ,pansyimage

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,040

The soles of my feet being stroked.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 1,368

How long have you got?

Handling large slugs with bare hands.  Small ones I can bear, but for big ones I have to wear gloves.

People who say "could of"  when they mean "could have".

People who refer to someone else's husband as "hubby".

Hearing Betws-y-Coed pronounced "Betsy co ed."

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,040

how do you pronounce it?

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 12,266

Short list - bad grammar, begonias and euphorbias, nearly all offal, pink flowering currants growing next to yellow forsythia, dyed plants such as those frightful heathers, karaoke, atonal music in general, rap versions of classic pop from my younger days, bad table manners - and that's just for starters.

The Vendée, France
  • Tray14Tray14 Posts: 211

1. Slugs of any size

2. People that hawk and then spit on the pavement

3. Seafood and fish to eat in general

4. Wasps

fidgetbones says:

how do you pronounce it?

See original post

W is a vowel in Welsh, like the u in put. Y is pronounced like the a in "a dog" .  Oe is like oi in coil.

Hence, Betus a Coid.  OK, there's no reason to expect visitors to know how to pronounce Welsh place names.  But it still makes me squirm!

Obelixx says:

Short list - bad grammar, begonias and euphorbias, nearly all offal, pink flowering currants growing next to yellow forsythia, dyed plants such as those frightful heathers, karaoke, atonal music in general, rap versions of classic pop from my younger days, bad table manners - and that's just for starters.

See original post

Hasn't forsythia usually dropped all its flowers by the time the Ribes is in bloom?  But I'll shake your hand on the grammar, offal and dyed flowers.  Though before I went veggie I tried brains and sweetbreads and quite enjoyed them.

• B3B3 Posts: 6,375

Jos, the last sentence of your post made me squirmimage