We have a large old oak bench tucked into a flowery corner of the garden and it's really too big to move it far.
We have bought a Cuprinol Revival Kit. You paint this on then wash it off and after drying you repaint with wood oil.
Apparently the kit will bring the seat up like new. However the renovator is oxalic acid and I was worried about the effect on my plants of having this washed off on to the ground near them. I looked up the acid and found it can encourage a pathogen to grow in many plants which breaks down the cell structure producing downy mold. it then stays in the soil and is impossible to remove.
We have decided to put this renovation off until the winter and try to remove the bench to the centre of the lawn and do it there but I am still worried about adding this poison to my soil.
Should I be so worried? Any ideas please?