Should I avoid euphorbia due to toxicity?
I recently purchased a euphorbia amygdaloides 'purpurea' as part of a '4 for £' deal and didn't realise that the sap of these plants is toxic until a friend mentioned it. I've not planted it out yet.
I have a one year old daughter and I'm not planning to let her eat anything in the garden (unless it's an edible we pick together) and will make it clear we don't eat (most)plants. I'm also sure there are already some plants in our garden which wouldnt be nice to ingest either but would never leave her alone in the garden
How bad is euphorbia? Should I not plant it at all or is that a bit of an overreaction?
Any advice appreciated!