Forum home Plants

Seedling ID, please

soulboysoulboy Posts: 429

I sowed some seeds from a packet of summer annuals a little while ago. This is one of the seedlings that has emerged. It looks very familiar but I've no idea what it is.

Anyone recognise it?

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,854

The leaves look a bit like a Morning Glory

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,134

I was thinking that, but I hesitated 'cos the seed-leaves don't look right... they're usually lobed aren't they?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Many years since I've grown them Dove.
    As I'm forever pulling bindweed round here I'm used to seeing such leaves :)

• Am thinking along the lines of Pete. The seed leaves look more like Morning Glory than Bindweed as Bindweed usually has uniform leaf shapes.

Doesn't look like any of the common Dioscerea (Bryrony species) seedlings either.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,848

Most likely to be some non native plant from a packet of summer annuals. Most common weeds can be found in my garden and none of them look like that

• soulboysoulboy Posts: 429

Many thanks everyone. I knew it was familiar but just couldn't remember and I'm pretty sure it will be morning glory. It's one of the stock items in packets of annuals and I've had many in the garden in the past.

Do let us know how it turns out when it flowers
    Good luck

• soulboysoulboy Posts: 429
    Pete8 says:

Do let us know how it turns out when it flowers
    Good luck

See original post

I will.